for 60 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 235 g Cake Flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Baking Powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Bicarbonate of Soda
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Salt
- 285 g Whole Wheat Flour
- 165 g Sugar
- 90 g All Bran Flakes
- 115 g Oats
- 120 g Almonds, Roughly Chopped
- 250 g Mixture of Seeds like: Pumpkin Seeds, Linseed, and Sunflower Seeds
- 250 g Flora Original, Melted
- 325 ml (11/3 Cup) Water
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Apple Cider Vinegar
Preparation (for 60 portions)
for seeded rusks
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 27 cm x 35 cm deep dish oven pan with Flora.
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and whole wheat flour together.
- Add the sugar, all bran flakes, oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and linseeds.
- Whisk the melted Flora Original, water and apple cider vinegar together until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared oven pan and bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean. Turn out on a wire rack and leave to cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 90°C.
- Slice into fingers. And leave the rusks to dry in the oven for 2-3hours or until completely dry. Store in an airtight container.