for 4 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) Flora Gold
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet, sliced into strips
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) crushed garlic
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) Robertsons Coriander
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) Robertsons Cumin
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Garam masala
- 0,25 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 0,33 cup plain yoghurt
- 0,5 cup thick cream
- 0,25 cup flaked almonds, toasted, to serve
- Coriander leaves to serve
Variations: Instead of serving with Roti you could serve with Rice or couscous.
Preparation (for 4 portions)
for flora golden chicken curry
- Heat a little Flora Gold in a large pan and cook the chicken, in batches, until browned.
- When brown, remove from heat and place chicken on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add any remaining Flora Gold. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add coriander, cumin, Garam masala and chilli powder. Cook for 30 seconds. Add tomato puree, 125 ml water and a pinch of salt and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to saucepan with yoghurt and cream. Simmer for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with almonds and coriander. Serve with roti.
Tip: For a healthier option substitute the cream with low fat plain yogurt. If you’re looking for tasty recipes that have your heart health in mind, be sure to take a look at Flora’s selection of healthy recipes.