for 4 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 4 Chicken Breast Fillets, chopped into small chunks
- 4 Tbsp. (60 ml) of Flora Gold
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of Tikka Paste
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 8 Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Large Green Pepper, sliced
- 1 Large Onion, sliced
- 4 Pitta Breads
- Salad Mixture: lettuce, tomatoes and a small red onion, finely sliced
- 4 Tbsp. (60 ml) of Garlic Paste
Preparation (for 4 portions)
for flora chicken pitas
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and mix together with 3 Tbsps. (45 ml) of Flora Gold margarine. Add the tikka paste, garlic paste and lemon juice. Cover the mixture with cling film and leave it to marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours or ideally overnight.
- Heat the remaining Flora Gold in a frying pan, add in the marinated chicken and fry for three to four minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, green pepper and the onion and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ensure the chicken is properly cooked through.
- While the mixture is cooking, , heat the pittas in the oven. Once the pitta is hot, cut each one along one side to open it into ‘pockets’ and fill it with the salad mixture.
- Divide the chicken tikka mixture among the pitta pockets and serve.
Tip: If you’re looking for tasty recipes that have your heart health in mind, be sure to take a look at Flora’s selection of healthy recipes.