for 2 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 200g Cooked Chickpeas
- 2 Small Onions
- 1 Small Courgette
- 300g Carrots
- 1 Orange
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Coriander
- 1 Pinch of Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 Tsp White Hazelnuts (OR 3 Tsp Macadamia Nuts)
- 2 Leaves of Lettuce
- 2 Tbsp Flora Margarine
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 Multigrain rolls
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
Preparation (for 2 portions)
for vegetarian courgette burgers with orange-carrot salad
- Rinse the chickpeas in a colander and drain well. Peel and chop 1 onion and peel and cut the other into rings. Wash the zucchini and grate coarsely. Peel the carrot and grate it finely.
- Wash the orange, grate the orange rind and squeeze the fruit’s delicious juices out into a bowl. Mix the juices and orange rind together and add 2 tablespoons of coriander, pepper and the grated carrot.
- Chop the hazelnuts (OR macadamia nuts) coarsely and brown them in a frying pan. When they are done remove them from the pan and allow them to cool on paper towel.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and cut into strips. Heat 1 tablespoon of Flora Margarine in a pan, add your other chopped onion and fry it for about 3 minutes until gold in colour. Add the courgette and curry powder, and cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Grind up the chickpeas in a food processor until they are fine in texture. Add the egg yolk and blend again briefly. Scoop the contents out, combine them with the rest of the coriander, mix in with the courgette and season to taste with pepper. Shape into your delicious patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of Flora Margarine in a pan and fry the chickpea burgers on a medium heat on both sides until they turn golden-brown and are warm throughout. Fry the onion rings, cut open the rolls and arrange all of your burger ingredients on top. Spoon the carrot salad next to it and sprinkle with the hazelnuts (OR macadamia nuts). Add tomato sauce for taste.