for 4 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar, plus extra for poaching
- 2 egg yolks (keep the whites)
- 50g Flora regular, melted
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 100g plain yoghurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 300g cauliflower florets, finely chopped 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Flora oil, for frying
- 125g smoked salmon ribbons
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
Preparation (for 4 portions)
for salmon and avocado eggs benedict cauliflower rosti yoghurt hollandaise
- For the yoghurt hollandaise, combine the vinegar and egg yolks in a food processor, very slowly adding the hot, melted Flora bit by bit. Add lemon juice, yoghurt and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl, cover the surface with cling wrap and set aside.
- Make the cauliflower rosti by mixing the finely chopped cauliflower, egg whites, cornstarch, spring onion, garlic and seasoning. Heat the oil in a pan and drop ½ cup of the cauliflower mixture into the pan, pressing it down to form a patty.
- Fry on one side until golden, about 4-5 minutes then flip and cook on the other side. Drain on paper towel.
- To poach the eggs, fill a saucepan with water to two-thirds full. Add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp vinegar. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a medium-low heat. Stir the water until a whirlpool forms. Break the egg into a saucer, and then slide into the water.
- Cook, without stirring for 3-4 minutes for a soft yolk, depending on desired consistency.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a plate. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Serve the rosti topped with smoked salmon ribbons, avocado slices, a poached egg and the yoghurt hollandaise.
- TIP: Making the hollandaise with Flora regular means it will never split, thanks to the natural emulsifiers in the seed oils.
Tip: Making the hollandaise with Flora regular means it will never split, thanks to the natural emulsifiers in the seed oils.
Seasons: Autumn, Summer, Spring
Occasions: Mother's Day, Hearty-Healthy
Main Ingredients: Eggs, avocado, Fish