for 2 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- For the Malva pudding:
- 100g Flora Regular
- 200g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 30ml (2 tbsp.) apricot jam
- 10ml (2 tsp) white spirit vinegar
- 280g cake flour
- 3ml salt
- 10ml (2 tsp) cinnamon
- 10ml (2 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- For the sauce:
- 385g cream
- 100g sugar
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- For the salted caramel:
- 100g brown sugar
- 60g Flora Regular
- 250ml (1 cup) cream
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
Preparation (for 2 portions)
for heritage day - malva pudding with salted caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line and grease 25cm x 30cm deep baking tray.
- Cream the Flora Regular and sugar until light and fluffy in a mixing bowl with an electric beater. Add the egg and beat until fluffy.
- Add the jam and vinegar. Sift together the cake flour, salt, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda. Add together with the milk to the butter mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Spoon into the greased baking tray, bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- For the sauce; heat cream and sugar until it melts. Remove from the heat and add vanilla essence.
- Pour the sauce over the top as soon the pudding comes out of the oven.
- For the salted caramel; Place the sugar, Flora Regular, cream and salt in a saucepan. Stir to dissolve the sugar before it starts to boil. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Serve the Malva pudding with salted caramel and fresh berries.
Seasons: Winter, Autumn
Main Ingredients: Flora Regular, Flour