Preparation (for 10 portions)
for golden roasted turkey
- Brush the inside of the Turkey with lemon juice and rub with salt. Place 1/3 of the onion, carrot, celery and parsley into the cavity. Tuck wings under bird and truss with kitchen string.
- Combine Flora Gold, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Run your fingers gently under the skin of the breast section to loosen. Spread half the Flora Gold mixture between the breast and the skin to coat the meat.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Scatter remaining onion, carrots and celery over base of a roasting pan. Place turkey on top. Rub the remaining Flora Gold all over skin. Season with salt and pepper. Pour 2 cups of the stock into base of pan. Cover breast of turkey with baking paper and then cover with foil.
- Roast for approximately 1 ½ hours, basting with extra Flora Gold and pan juices every 30 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Add a little water to the pan, if drying out. Remove foil for last 40 minutes to brown.
- Transfer turkey to a heated platter, cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 20 minutes before carving. Serve turkey slices with crispy roast potatoes and stuffing balls
Main Ingredients: Flora Gold, Turkey