for 6 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- For the flap jacks:
- 2 eggs
- 40g sugar
- 30ml (2 tbsp.) Flora Gold, melted
- 150g cake flour
- 20ml (4 tsp) baking powder
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) salt
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- Flora Gold for frying
- For the Flora Gold:
- 60ml (¼ cup) Flora Gold
- 15ml (1 tbsp.) honey
- 3 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) double thick cream
Preparation (for 6 portions)
for flap jacks with flora gold honey and thyme
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar and Flora Gold.
- In a separate bowl sieve together cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture together with 125ml milk.
- Add the remaining milk until it forms a smooth dough.
- Heat a dollop of Flora Gold in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 45 ml of the flap jack batter to the pan. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Combine the Flora Gold, honey and thyme in a small bowl. Serve dollops of Flora Gold mixture on top of the hot flap jacks. Serve with double thick cream.