for 4 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 10-12 courgettes
- 1 1/2 tbsp Flora regular, melted
- 400g ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 80g baby spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts (or toasted almonds), to garnish
Preparation (for 4 portions)
for courgette cannelloni with spinach and ricotta
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the courgettes lengthwise to form thin ribbons. Place the strips on a tray and brush with the melted Flora.
- Mix the ricotta, parsley, mint, spinach, lemon zest and juice and seasoning to taste.
- Create a sheet by layering the courgette ribbons slightly onto of one another and drop about 3 to 4 teaspoons of filling on one side of the sheet and roll the courgette layers over to form cannelloni.
- Repeat until most the cheese filling has been used up; leave enough to crumble over the top. Arrange the cannelloni in an oiled casserole dish, packing them tightly.
- Sprinkle over any remaining filling, season well then bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve garnished with pine nuts.
Seasons: Summer, Spring, Winter, Autumn
Occasions: heart-healthy, vegetarian, carb-free
Main Ingredients: Courgette