for 6 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 40g Flora regular
- 50g sage leaves
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 800g broccoli, cut into florets
- 500g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 400g can butterbeans, rinsed, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds (flaxseeds, sunflower seeds), toasted
Preparation (for 6 portions)
for cauliflower and broccoli soup with crispy sage and seeds
- Melt the Flora in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sage leaves and fry until crispy.
- Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling point, blanch the broccoli for 3 minutes and drop into a bowl of ice cold water.
- Add the leeks and garlic to the hot saucepan for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Add the stock, butterbeans and 3/4 cup (185ml) of water.
- Bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Use a stick blender to blend the vegetable mixture until smooth.
- Serve the hot soup with crispy sage and toasted seeds.
Main Ingredients: Cauliflower, Organic Broccoli