for 4 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 45ml (3 tbsp.) Flora Light + 30 ml (2 tbsp.) extra to stir through at the end
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 100g brown rice
- 100g barley
- 750ml (3 cups) chicken stock
- 180g mixed dried fruit like peaches, apricots, and cranberries, chopped
- Hand full of mixed fresh herbs like parsley, coriander and mint, chopped
- Pomegranate seeds for serving
Preparation (for 4 portions)
for brown rice and barley pilaf
- Heat the Flora Light in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the brown rice and barley and fry for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted and coated with the Flora.
- Add the chicken stock. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until the stock is evaporated and the rice and barley is tender.
- Add the peaches, apricots and cranberries and extra Flora Light, stir through with the fresh herbs. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Top with pomegranate seeds.