for 12 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 375ml ( 1 ½ cups) grated zucchini (baby marrow)
- 90ml (6 Tbsp) Flora regular
- ½ onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 625ml ( 2 ½ cups) flour
- 20ml ( 4 tsp) baking powder
- 250ml ( 1 cup) grated cheese
- 2.52,5ml ( ½ tsp) mixed herbs
- 2.5ml ( ½ tsp) black pepper
- 5ml ( 1 tsp) salt
- 30ml ( 2 Tbsp) sesame seeds
- 2XL eggs
- 375ml ( 1 ½ cups) water
- Extra sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
PREPARATION (FOR 12 PORTION)
for tasty zucchini muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the grated zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with some salt and leave for the excess water to draw out. After 5 minutes, squeeze the grated zucchini to remove the water.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir then add all the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Grease a muffin tin, spoon mix into each hole, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm or cool with Flora.
Tips: Freeze well. Store in a sealed container for 2 – 3 days. Leftovers are great for lunch. High in fibre, greens and protein.