for 4 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 2 Cups of Cut and Cooked Free Range Chicken
- 1 Packet of Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 0.25 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 0.5 Cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp Flora Margarine
- 2 Cups Chopped Courgette
- 1.5 Cups Sliced Red Bell Peppers or Yellow Bell Peppers (or both)
PREPARATION (FOR 4 PORTION)
for pesto pasta with free range chicken, courgette & peppers
- Fill a pot with water, add a tablespoon of salt to the water and put it on the boil.
- Place your garlic clove, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley and 2 tablespoons of Flora Margarine into a blender. Blend the ingredients until the have a smooth consistency.
- Start warming up a pan to a medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of Flora Margarine and allow it to melt evenly. Add the chopped courgette and stir it around the pan for 2 minutes. Add your peppers to the pan and stir for another 3 minutes.
- Remove your pasta from the pot once it is done and toss it around in a serving bowl with the cooked vegetables, cooked free range chicken and your fresh pesto.
Tips: You really can’t go wrong with this tasty surprise. Packed with diverse flavours and protein-packed ingredients, it is just one of those dishes that your family will be talking about for weeks to come.