for 6 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 200g whole almonds, plus extra for garnish
- 1.5tbsp store-bought dukkah*, plus extra for garnish
- 1tbsp Flora regular
- 1 large egg
- 2 red or green pepper, cored and sliced
- 3-4 courgettes, thinly sliced
- 1 large brinjal, thinly sliced
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to serve
- 300g ricotta cheese
- Baby spinach leaves and thyme, to garnish
PREPARATION (FOR 6 PORTION)
for gluten-free almond tart with whipped ricotta, grilled vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. To make the tart base, place the almonds, dukkah, Flora regular and egg in a food processor and process, scraping down the sides occasionally, for 3–4 minutes or until the mixture is fine and comes together.
- Press into a lightly greased 22cm loose-based fluted tart tin and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Prick the base with a fork. Place on a large oven tray and cook for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Set aside to cool. Preheat a griddle pan over high heat until smoking. Place the red pepper, courgette and brinjal slices on the griddle and chargrill until black lines form and the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from the heat, and immediately sprinkle with chilli flakes, lemon zest and garlic. Season well.
- Place the ricotta cheese in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cooled tart case with the whipped ricotta then arrange the chargrilled vegetables on top.
- Garnish with spinach leaves, thyme, extra almonds and dukkah.
- *Dukkah is an Egyptian condiment consisting of cumin, coriander, nuts (pistachios or hazelnuts), seasoning and sesame seeds and is usually eaten by dipping bread into it. It is available at most supermarkets in the spice aisle.