for 4 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 450g diced lean lamb
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) ground black pepper
- 3 tsp. (15 ml) Robertsons paprika
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Robertsons ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) Robertsons turmeric
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Flora Regular margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 55g dried apricots
- 25 g sultanas or raisins
- 25g toasted flaked almonds
- 2 tsp. (1o ml) honey
- 570ml Knorrox beefstock
- 800g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
PREPARATION (FOR 4 PORTION)
for flora lamb tagine
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Toss the lamb with black pepper, paprika, cinnamon and turmeric, coating evenly.
- Heat Flora Regular margarine in a casserole dish, add in onion and garlic and fry until softened.
- Add spiced lamb and fry until the meat is browned, around 5 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, mix well and bring to the boil. Cover and transfer to the oven and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes. Garnish with the fresh coriander and parsley and serve with rice.