for 4 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml milk
- 4 tsp. (20 ml) Melted Flora Gold
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Vinegar
- 300 ml cake Flour
- 200 ml water
- Cinnamon, Vanilla Spread:
- 125 ml Flora Gold
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Roberson’s cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) icing sugar
- Vanilla seeds scraped out of ½ vanilla pod
Variations: Try your own flavour combinations for the pancake spread like honey and lemon; or for a savoury option sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
PREPARATION (FOR 4 PORTION)
for flora home-made golden pancakes
- Beat the eggs and add the milk, melted Flora Gold and vinegar.
- Add the cake flour and beat until there are no lumps. Lastly add the water and mix well.
- Let the batter stand for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a greased frying pan. Pour a little batter in the pan and brown on one side before flipping and browning the other. Continue in this manner until the mixture is finished.
- For the spread combine all the ingredients. Serve with the warm pancakes.
Tips: Use whole-wheat flour as an option when making the pan cakes. If you’re looking for tasty recipes that have your heart health in mind, be sure to take a look at Flora’s selection of healthy recipes.