for 4 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 4 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) Flora Gold
- 3ml Robertsons Cinnamon
- 8 slices of bread
- To Serve
- 8 ripe plums, halved and stoned
- 2 TBsp. (30 ml) Flora Gold
- 2 TBsp. (30 ml) sugar
- Maple Syrup
Variations: For this recipe you can use slices of pineapple or peaches instead of plums.
PREPARATION (FOR 4 PORTION)
for flora french toast with cinnamon and plums
- Mix the eggs and milk together then pour the mixture into a shallow dish. Mix the Flora Gold and cinnamon together. Spread the bread on both sides with the flavoured Flora.
- Soak the bread in the mixture for a few minutes. Heat a large pan, add a little Flora Gold and cook the French toast until golden on both sides.
- Heat another pan and melt the Flora Gold. Dip the plums into the sugar then place cut side down on the hot pan and allow the sugar to caramelise, but don’t let it burn! When all the plums are ready serve with the French toast and maple syrup.
Tips: Choose a healthy, whole-wheat or light rye bread. If you’re looking for tasty recipes that have your heart health in mind, be sure to take a look at Flora’s selection of healthy recipes.