for 6 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 2 Chicken Knorrox Stock Cubes
- 500g of Basmati Rice
- 2 Medium Carrots, diced
- A Handful of Frozen Baby Peas
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of Flora Gold
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tsp. (5 ml) of Honey or Brown Sugar
- 0.5 Tsp. of Robertsons chilli powder
- 0.5 Tsp. Grated Ginger Root
- 500g of Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced into fine strips
- 0.5 of a Red Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
- 0.5 Tsp. of Balsamic Vinegar
PREPARATION (FOR 6 PORTION)
for flora chicken fried rice
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add in the stock cubes, stirring until dissolved. Add in the basmati rice and carrots. Stir and bring back to the boil, cover and simmer until the rice is cooked as per packet instructions, adding peas for last five minutes.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat the Flora Gold. Add in the onion, garlic, honey, chilli and ginger and fry, stirring, until the onion has caramelised.
- Add chicken, red pepper and soy sauce to the onion mixture. Stir-fry until chicken is cooked and add balsamic vinegar.
- Drain the rice and add to chicken, mixing together thoroughly.
Tips: If you’re looking for tasty recipes that have your heart health in mind, be sure to take a look at Flora’s selection of healthy recipes.