for 2 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 3 Red Onions
- 2Tbsp. (30 ml) of Flora Gold
- 1Tsp. (10 ml) of Sugar
- 1x 30 cm Pizza Base
- 3Tbsp. (45 ml) of Flora gold
- 2Tbsp. (15 ml) of Robertsons Thyme
- 100g of Gorgonzola cheese
- 1Handful Fresh Rocket Leaves
Variations: For this recipe you could also use left-over roast Mediterranean vegetables.
PREPARATION (FOR 2 PORTION)
for flora caramelised onion and rocket gorgonzola pizza
- Peel the onions and cut into wedges. Place in a roasting dish and toss with 30 ml Flora Gold and sugar. Roast for 30 – 40 minutes at 180C or until caramelised.
- Combine 45 ml Flora Gold and thyme. Spread over the pizza base. Top with onions and pieces of gorgonzola cheese.
- Bake at 220C for 10 -12 minutes until base is crisp and cheese is melted. Throw over rocket leaves before serving.
Tips: For a healthier Pizza use reduced fat feta instead of gorgonzola cheese. If you’re looking for tasty recipes that have your heart health in mind, be sure to take a look at Flora’s selection of healthy recipes.