for 6 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 3030ml ( 2 Tbsp) Flora regular
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 500g lean mince
- 30ml ( 2 Tbsp) Mexican seasoning
- 2.5ml ( ½ tsp) black pepper
- 7.5ml ( 1 ½ tsp) salt
- 115g tomato paste
- 250ml ( 1 cup) brown rice, boiled until soft, then tossed with
- 1ml (1 Tbsp) Flora regular 1 tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 500ml ( 2 cups) quartered cherry tomatoes
- 500ml ( 2 cups) corn (frozen and allowed to defrost)
- 500ml ( 2 cups) shredded baby spinach
- 125ml ( ½ cup) grated cheese
- Chopped spring onions for garnish
PREPARATION (FOR 6 PORTION)
for flavourful burrito jars
- Heat the Flora over medium heat, add the onions and saute until soft.
- Add the mince and spice and fry until almost done.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the mince and simmer for 2 minutes and leave to cool.
To assemble: Take 4 clean mason jars (500ml size) and divide the rice evenly in the base of each jar. Follow with some of the mince, followed by shredded spinach, cherry tomatoes, black beans, corn and then a healthy portion of mince. Sprinkle with grated cheese and chopped spring onions and seal. Eat cold or warm for lunch.
Tips: Can be kept refrigerated for 2 days. *To make vegan, replace 1 mince layer with avocado, and 1 mince layer with mushrooms fried in Flora Vegan. Use vegan cheese.