for 30 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 125g good-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 350g leftover Christmas cake or Christmas pudding
- 60ml sherry (optional)
- 2tablespoons honey
- 2tablespoons Flora Gold
- 100g white chocolate, finely chopped and melted
- 6red glacé cherries, quartered
- 6green glacé cherries, quartered
PREPARATION (FOR 30 PORTION)
for chocolate christmas cake bon bons
- Line a baking sheet (that will fit in the fridge) with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, or in the microwave on 10 second bursts, until melted and smooth.
- Crumble the cold Christmas cake or pudding into a bowl, add the sherry (if using), honey and Flora Gold and mix well.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix until combined. Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and arrange on the prepared tray.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Spoon a little of the melted white chocolate onto the tops of each bon bon then arrange the red and green cherry pieces on top.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.