for 5 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 200g Flora Regular
- 1small onion, finely chopped
- 2garlic cloves, chopped
- 500g chicken livers, cleaned
- 2sprigs thyme
- 60ml (¼ cup) freshly squeezed orange juice
- For the topping:
- 2bay leaves
- 5ml (1 tsp) peppercorns
- 6sprigs thyme
- 80g Flora Regular, melted
PREPARATION (FOR 5 PORTION)
for chicken liver pate with melba toast
- Heat 1 tablespoon Flora Regular in a frying pan over medium high heat. Fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the chicken livers and thyme and fry for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- De-glaze the pan with orange juice. Remove from the heat and leave to cool down slightly.
- Combine the chicken liver and remaining Flora Regular in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Pass the chicken liver pate through a sieve.
- Place the chicken liver pate in 2 x 250ml capacity ramekins. Garnish the ramekins with bay leaves, peppercorns and thyme. Top with the melted Flora Regular. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until set. Serve with Melba toast.