PREPARATION (FOR 4 PORTION)
for cheese quiche with leeks and tomato salad
- Mix together 30g of Flora Margarine, cottage cheese and whole wheat flour in a bowl and mix it all together until the mixture is crumbly to touch.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of cold water and rapidly knead the mixture with cold hands until it forms a smooth dough. Shape your newly formed dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Chop up parsley. Clean your leek, slice it into thin rings and boil it for 5 minutes. Drain in a sieve and press out the excess water with the convex side of a spoon.
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Beat the eggs and add ¼ of teaspoon pepper and half of the parsley. Stir in the leeks.
- Dust your work surface with a little flour, roll your dough into a 21cm diameter circle and place it into your quiche dish. Make sure you line the sides as well as the bottom. Prick the bottom of the dough with a fork in several places.
- Pour the egg and leek mixture over the rolled-out dough and sprinkle with the cheese and pumpkin seeds. Bake the quiche in the middle of your preheated oven for about 35 minutes. Remove once it has Browned and cooked through.
- In the meantime, wash and cut the tomatoes into wedges. Toss them with the remaining parsley and the dressing, and season with pepper. Remove the quiche from the oven, let it rest and cut it into 4-8 pieces. Serve with the tomato salad and you’re good to go!