for 6 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 500 g tomatoes
- 2 tbsps Flora Gold
- 0.5 onion, sliced
- 250 g potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 500 ml Knorrox chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Robertsons dried mixed herbs
- 2 Robertsons bay leaves
- Robertsons Salt and pepper
- 100 g mascarpone
- 0.5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Crusty bread and Flora Gold
Preparation (for 6 portions)
for tomato and mascarpone soup
- Halve the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds, placing them in a sieve to strain out any juice, which is to be reserved. Quarter the tomato halves.
- Heat Flora Gold in a large pan over medium heat. Add in onion, potatoes and carrots and fry, for 10 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Add the stock, tomatoes and their juice, mixed herbs and 1 bay leaf. Season with Robertsons Salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and, using a hand blender or food processor, blend the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to pan. Add in remaining bay leaf, mascarpone, sugar and tomato puree, mixing in.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until heated through. Serve with crusty bread and Flora Gold