for 20 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 150g self-raising flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g raisins
- 100g pecan nuts, chopped
- 4 tsp ground mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 large eggs
- 100g Flora Gold, melted
- 6 tbsp milk
- 300g carrots, coarsely grated
- For the frosting:
- 450g full-fat cream cheese
- 2 medium oranges, zested
- 3 tbsp xylitol (optional)
Preparation (for 20 portions)
for sugar-free spiced carrot cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (160C fan-forced).
- Grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted Flora and milk.
- Add the to dry ingredients with the grated carrots and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking tins and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin then turn out and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the frosting, stir the cheese, orange zest and xylitol together.
- Spread evenly over the cake. Garnish with chopped whole almonds and extra lemon zest, if desired.