250g Flora Gold
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 large egg yolks
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp ground cardamom
4 tbsp ground almonds
2 cups cake flour
Finely chopped pistachios, to garnish
Preparation (for 30 portions)
for nan khatai biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (160 fan-forced).
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cream the Flora Gold and castor sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks and beat in well.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, icing sugar, cardamom, ground almonds and flour and mix to form a soft dough.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough into balls and flatten slightly.
- Sprinkle a little chopped pistachios in the middle.
- Place on the lined baking sheet, leaving enough space to spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden.