for 4 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) Robertsons crushed garlic
- 4 Tbsp. (60 ml) Flora Oil
- 1,5 tsp. (7.5 ml) Robertsons paprika
- 6 chicken pieces
- 0,5 tsp. (2.5 ml) caraway seeds (optional)
- 350 ml Knorrox chicken stock
- 2 large tomato, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) sherry
- 125 ml (½ cup) low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) cornflour
- 1 green pepper, sliced
Preparation (for 4 portions)
for flora hungarian chicken
- Sauté the onions and garlic in 3 Tbsp. (45ml) Flora oil until soft but not browned. Add the paprika and mix well.
- Add the chicken and sauté for 5 minutes, turning the portions until coated with the paprika mixture.
- Place the lid and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add caraway seeds, stock and tomatoes and simmer for 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Remove the chicken portions to a platter and keep warm.
- Reduce sauce over high heat to approximately 250ml. Stir in the sherry.
- Mix the low fat natural yoghurt and cornflour together and add to the sauce. Bring to the boil and pour over the chicken.
- Sauté the green pepper in the remaining Flora oil and use to garnish.
- Serve on a bed of rice with a green salad.