for 8 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 6 slices White Bread or 6 bread rolls, sliced
- Flora Gold, enough to spread the bread
- 100 g Raisins
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 4 Tbsp. (60 ml) Sugar
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Robertsons Vanilla Essence
- 0,5 tsp. Robertsons Ground Cinnamon
- 0,25 tsp. Nutmeg
Variations: For this recipe you can use cranberries or choc chips instead of raisins.
Preparation (for 8 portions)
for flora golden bread pudding
- Generously spread Flora Gold onto each slice of bread and cut into quarters. Arrange the slices butter side up into a greased, shallow oven-proof dish.
- In a bowl mix together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla essence and cinnamon.
- Pour the custard over the bread and scatter the raisins evenly.
- Leave to stand for a few minutes to allow the custard to soak into the bread.
- Bake at 180°C for approximately 45 minutes or until the custard is set and golden brown.
- Sprinkle more sugar and cinnamon over the top before serving with vanilla custard or ice-cream.
Tip: This recipe also works with brown bread or high fibre bread. If you’re looking for tasty recipes that have your heart health in mind, be sure to take a look at Flora’s selection of healthy recipes.