for 12 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 200 g Flora Regular and extra for greasing
- 300 g sugar
- 2,5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 100 ml rooibos tea
- 375 g cake flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder
- 100 g currants
- 100 g dates, chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) citrus peel
- 100 ml cold water
- For the glaze
- 100 g icing sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) lemon juice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) water
Preparation (for 12 portions)
for easy christmas cakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease 12 x 125ml capacity pudding moulds with Flora Regular.
- Cream the Flora Regular, sugar, salt and rooibos tea until light and fluffy in a medium bowl using an electrical beater. Add eggs one at a time while whisking.
- In a separate bowl combine the cake flour, baking powder, currants, dates and citrus peel.
- Fold the flour into the Flora Regular mixture alternating with the cold water.
- Spoon the batter into the greased moulds and bake for 20 minutes. Lower the heat to 150°C. And bake for another 30 minutes.
- For the glaze; sieve the icing sugar into a bowl. Whisk in the lemon juice and water until smooth.
- When the cakes are cooled down, drizzle the glaze over the cakes.