Preparation (for 6 portions)
for dairy-free coconut and blueberry swirl ice cream with coconut crumble
- Place 2 tbsp honey, coconut cream and milk in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture into 2 large zip-lock bags, pressing out as much air as possible, and seal.
- Lay the bags flat on a baking tray and freeze for 2 hours or until just frozen.
- Place the blueberries, remaining 2 tbsp honey and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 15–20 minutes or until soft.
- Allow to cool.
- Place the cooled mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a jug and set aside.
- Remove the ice-cream mixture from the freezer and, using your hands, bend the bags to break up the mixture into small pieces.
- Place the mixture in a food processor, in batches, and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor.
- Spoon the ice-cream mixture into a 2-litre-capacity tin, spoon over the blueberry mixture and gently stir through with a metal spoon.
- Freeze for 3 hours or until just frozen. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Make the crumble by combining all the ingredients together.
- Spread on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- Serve the ice cream topped with the coconut crumble.
- TIP : Replace the blueberries with any seasonal fruit.
Tip: TIP Replace the blueberries with any seasonal fruit.