for 6 persons Ingredients
number of persons
- 1 Head of Garlic
- 1 Medium Butternut, peeled and cut into pieces
- Robertsons Cinnamon
- Flora Gold to dot
- 0,5 Cup (125 ml) of Flora Gold
- 1 Tsp. (5 ml) of Robertsons Crushed Chilli Flakes
- 1 Ciabatta loaf, sliced diagonally
- 1 Cup (250 ml) of Sour Cream
- 4 Tbsp. (60 ml) of Pomegranate Seeds
Variations: For this recipe you can use roasted Mediterranean vegetables instead of butternut.
Preparation (for 6 portions)
for butternut crostini
- Cut the top off of garlic head, exposing the cloves. Rub with Flora Gold and place in corner of a baking dish. Place butternut in the same dish and dot with Flora Gold, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 180 degrees until the garlic head is soft and the butternut is cooked. Approximately 30-40 minutes. Let it cool slightly. Squeeze roasted garlic from skins into a bowl, and set aside.
- Combine Flora Gold, Crushed Chilli Flakes and the roasted garlic. Spread the bread slices and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 180C, turning once, until crisp and golden, about 4 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly. Top with a dollop of sour cream, roasted butternut and fresh pomegranate.
Tip: For a healthier version use a low fat thick Greek Yogurt or a low fat cottage cheese instead of sour cream. If you’re looking for tasty recipes that have your heart health in mind, be sure to take a look at Flora’s selection of healthy recipes.